Re: A85: address of variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: address of variables

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Mike Bandsmer wrote:

> Use Usgard's VAR_GET function to get the address of a variable.
>

> > How would I go about putting info into a variable in the TI-OS from
> > an assembly program.
> > I know I need to know the memory address of the variable I want to
> > write too.  How do I find out what the address of a variable such as
> > xstat or whatever is?

You also need to find out how data is stored in that type of variable.
xStat is a variable length array so I don't know what kind of trouble you
will run into if you want to make it bigger.  But xStat is a permanent VAR
so maybe it won't be a problem..  If I were you, I'd look into finding ROM
routines for this (dimL especially)

later,

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."