Re: A85: AI (plus a question)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: AI (plus a question)

i'm working on Zrobots, a game where you must program the robot's ai, and
then unleash it upon up to 3 other bots in an arena.  it's like CROBOTS,
but for the z80, and i'm still trying to figure out a couple of things,
like using bytecode or an interrupt driven assembly language runner, or
possibly an on calc compiler-> bytecode thingy to let no Graphlinkers
program for it as well.

and with the interrupts on the ti85,  lets say a prog is running
"62982FC921" (not real code, but you get the idea) and then an int
occurrs.  if the command is like ld bc,$5678 (017856) and it goes like
this:

0178  -- INTERRUPT-- 56   or will it wait for a command to finish
executing before calling the interupt?  this is critical to the
development of the robot data file executor.

-Greg

EMAIL: l0rdg0at@juno.com; lordgoat@somethingorother.com;
l0rdg0at@hotmail.com; milewskg@stuy.edu
ICQ: 9437474     AOL IM: l0rdg0at42

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:36:31 -0700 (PDT) Humberto Yeverino
<humberto@engr.csufresno.edu> writes:

>Who here would be interested in writing some sort of game that has the
>player competing with AI opponents?  I'm thinking of something
>simple..
>like rats running through a maze collecting cheese.  But the whole
>idea is
>to have programmers write their own AI for the same game and to have
>some
>sort of competition.  In fact, I would insist that there be a way that
>there is a Zero Player mode in which different AIs can compete.  I'm
>not
>sure the game would be that fun to play, I think it would be more fun
>program.
>
>I was thinking that if there was a serious interest in this stuff that
>we
>could do more complex stuff like .. a death match game using a bird's
>eye
>view rather than 3d.  Something like Bot Match in "Unreal" (which mops
>the
>floor with Quake II by the way.)
>
>So, anyone interested?
>
>-Humberto Yeverino Jr.
>
>"I kick ass for the Lord."
>-Dead Alive (1992)

>Home Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html
>
>Ti Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/tex.html
>
>z80 Source Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/z80source.html
>
>Official Tyrant Home Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/tyrant.html
>
>E-mail:
>  humberto@engr.csufresno.edu

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: