Re: A85: Tyrant ports

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Tyrant ports

>If I just used a pointer to the VAT entry for my TSRs, the VAT entry could
>move during a delete.

The point is to use the pointer only when the VAT hasn't changed. So you
start by comparing the VAT entry your pointer points to to the var info for
the TSR variable. If these match up, the entry has not moved, and you can
load the TSR addr from the VAT entry. If the VAT entry and the var info
doesn't match up you do a search like the one you do now. This way the
routine would be quite a lot faster whenever the VAT hasn't been changed,
and a bit slower if the VAT has been changed. However since vars are not
moved around that often, this should result in a faster TSR function.

>Go ahead and look at my source.  I put all my source with Summit BETA 3.
> It should be in Upshell.asm, and maybe you can fix it.  =)  I always
>include source code in my zips.

Thanks.

Dines