A85: Programming help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Programming help

I am currently working on a game for Usgard and everything is coming
along fine, except for a few things:

1) I am going to be using 8 x 9 or 8 x 8 sprites, in the frist case, the
nine is the height.  After many attempts, I have concluded that I have no
abilities in this area of game design whatsoever, so I would appreciate
any character designs.  Anything is OK, as long as it is recognizable as
a character and not an item such as a bomb or something.  I will give
whoever helps me full credit in the program and also in the
documentation.

2) I got the link port routines, but I don't understand them at all,
especially not the break routine.  What exactly goes into a break
routine?  To send and receive data, do both clacs have to be running the
routines simultaneously?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3) I also plan to have a "vs computer" mode and have only some basic
ideas about setting up artificial intelligence.  I suppose I could make
the computer do the perfect sequences every time, but of course that
would be no fun.  Would I use a random routine to decide the computer's
moves in addition to some logic?

Thank you very much to all who can help.

Justin Bosch
justin-b@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]