Re: A85: Routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Routines

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Justin M Bosch wrote:

> >I posted a 16-bit square root routine a while back.
> >If you want to see it it's on my ti page:
> >www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/tex.html
>
> I haven't had a chance to study the code, although I briefly scanned over
> it.  Does it set the carry flag if it isn't a perfect square?  Thanks for
> your help.

No, that's just to divide a negative number by 2.  It rounds to the
nearest root ex: if the root was 4.51 the it would return 5. It does this
by checking each possible answer.  There are 257 possible answers but it
is so optimized that the worst case takes about .03 seconds.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"Small potatos make the steak look bigger."

http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html
humberto@engr.csufresno.edu