Re: A85: Temporary variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Temporary variables

How about a single character, not a string?  Do you do something like
this:

SomeChar=$80df
ld a, 'X'
ld (SomeChar), a

And if so, what will SomeChar contain?  If you try to print SomeChar to
the screen, how do you print the letter 'X' and how do you print 'X's
hex, decimal, binary values?

Also, I'm working out the format of the header files for my compiler.  It
has alot of questions and other things that I could use suggestions on
from more experienced .asm programmers.  The way I have it laid out
should make it able to compile to any calculator, any shell, and if all
goes as planned, theoretically it should compile to the 92 and even the
computer!  Compiler is probably a bad word for it though because it won't
actually compile the code, though it might.  It converts C-like
statements to their .asm equivalent.  If I send the file, take a look at
the equal sign operator.  It shows how I plan to make code compile as
optimized as possible.  I have noticed that making a compiler with
libraries to be as optimized as possible will take a lot of programming
skill which I'm sure I have, but it will also take much effort for anyone
wanting to write their own library, because the format is awkward and
tedious.  That's why I will probably only release one library with the
compiler and that will probably be for ZShell 4.0.

Mordant
egillespie@juno.com
erik_gillespie_1096@gwgate.kvcc.edu

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you." -Kurt
Cobain

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: