A85: Link port & 82 link port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Link port & 82 link port

I want to be able to connect any ti to any ti and transfer data.  The
port7 doc helped a lot but I'm still having trouble sending data.  I have
an 85 and an 82 so I was using the 82 to send and the 85 to receive.
Please correct any information that I have wrong.
Here it goes..

The 82 port is exactly the same as the 85 port except for the number (0
instead of 7) so to convert an 85 routine to an 82 routine all I have to
do is change the number of the port, right?
When using the link port on either calc the only way to change the setting
of the port on your calc is to do an out (7),whatever. (or does the system
mess with it under certain circumstances.)
Whatever calc you link to can only read from your port and not change
anything.
You can set your port to 4 useful values but your routine should only use
three.

If all these assumptions are true I have no idea why my routines don't
work.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."

http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html