Re: A85: Z80 code linker /w out header

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 08:39 PM 6/15/98 GMT, you wrote:
>Has anybody got something like string85 that doesn't add a header, or
>checksum data to a file?  I am in dire need of something like this.
>I need to get the object code directly in to a ti-85 string file,
>without adding a header.  If a header is added, its a total pain in the
>butt for me to remove it myself.  String85 won't do this.

I think I know what you are talking about.  I'm not sure about what I'm
going to say (since I don't own an 85), but I think you might want to take
a look at the Custom *.82p File Designer located in the What's New section
of <http://shinelight.home.ml.org/>.  This program will create an 82p file
header and checksum at lightning speed and outputs an 82p program file.  I
don't exactly know what the 85s format looks like, but I'm fairly certain
they are nearly the same thing.  To change it from 82p->85p, you just need
to go into your favorite hex editor and change **TI-82** to **TI-85**.  To
change it to a string shouldn't be that much more difficult.  If you have
to remove the program name, then you will need to fix the checksum and also
how many bytes to the end of the file.  To fix the checksum is fairly
simple, you delete the old one and run fix.com on the file.

Hope that helps!

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org