Re: A85: 4 port CalcNet Hub

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: 4 port CalcNet Hub

-> >Grant Stockly wrote:
-> >>
-> >> >I would be interested in only the finished product,   I don't do much
-> >> >electronics stuff.
-> >>
-> >> Yes.  I'll be building the completed Hubs as well.
-> >>
-> >> Grant
-> >How much will the completed hubs cost?
->
-> I don't know yet.  I'll have to add up the cost of my prototype unit.
->
-> Also, exactly what are they?
-> They connect up to 4 (and soon 8) calculators together.
->
-> >Are they used to connect a calculator to the internet, or to expand
-> >memory?  If the former, is an external modem is needed?
-> Nope.  They can connect to the internet if someone wrote the driver, right
-> now you can print and store files on a server.

Is this something like the I2C emulation network that was disigned and
built a while ago, or does it use complex hardware?  The I2C network was just
wires, but nobody ever programmed anything for it.