Re: A85: Thexder-type game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Thexder-type game

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Christopher Kalos wrote:

> I need to utilize animated sprites for this for the transformation and walking sequences.  I know that there are plenty of good scrolling engines out there already (the sqrxz engine is almost exactly what I need!) On the PC, I always did the dumping to a different segment and then changed segments in order to blit the pages across.
> Is this basically the same for a flicker-free scroller on the TI's?  just write to the graph buffer and then copy to graph mem?

Yep, use what ever sprite engine and draw to the graphmem, the when
everything's been drawn, ldir it to the video. If you want to scroll the
screen (left or right), then you need to shift each byte (either left or
right), then, set the lsb (or msb) or the previous (or next) byte if a
carry occured. I've got code to do this already, and its only ~30 bytes.
mail me if you're intetested.

> I think the animation routines will be fast enough, the hardest part was drawing them as 8x8 sprites.  I wish I could cram a full 16x16 block, but it would be too big :(
>
> Thanks,
> Christopher Kalos
> raptorone@stuytech.com
> Executive Director/Administrator