Re: A85: I was wondering how to start Usgard using a jp ($8BFF)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:48 PM 2/23/98 -0500, you wrote:

>As far as i know, TSR's stop executing when you exit UsGard (they're
>terminate stay resident, but i believe that's limited to the context of
>while you're running the shell). That makes it impossible to start it from
>any other key sequence. The only reason that the custom menu location works
>is because each of the 12 items on the custom menu is really just a pointer
>to soem executable code. If you set one of these pointers to point to the
>code for UsGard, then UsGard executes. Since the contents of the Prgm menu
>never change, there is no reason for them to put a pointer in for each menu
>item, thereby making it impossible to put UsGard there. (or in any place
>other than the custom menu, as far as i know).
>
>-- Jon Olson

As for all this, yes, a TSR can run after Usgard is finished.  Just install
the TSR, then APPEND it to the Usgard string, with Usgard's append
function.  Simply have the TSR be a line of code that waits for the PRGM
button to be pressed, then waits for F5 to be pressed.  If anything but F5
is pressed after PRGM, it resets to wait for PRGM.  Then just have it jp to
the beginning of the Usgard code.  The only problem is that this uses an
interrupt.  That's not too bad, except that Usgard only allows 5 at a time,
including appended TSR's.  Well, good luck!!

-Gul