Re: A85: Operations....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Operations....

The process makes sense, but if someone could write an example of this routine
in Usgard for me I would really appreciated (Any valid registers can be used,
I don't have any data in the registers that are needed)
Thanxx....

(This is my first attempt at a "visual" game.  I have only made text character
games like an adaption of TI-Basic ski)

<<<<<<<<<<<  Let's say you want to find the square root of X.

GUESS = X / 2

do this until absolute value of (X^2 - X) > 1.0e-9:
GUESS = (GUESS + (X / GUESS)) / 2

GUESS should now hold the square root of X.

To understand it better try this on the home screen of your calc (We're
finding the square root of five here):

5/2 [ENTER]
(Ans+5/Ans)/2 [ENTER]
Keep pressing [ENTER] until the number doesn't change.
You should eventually get 2.2360679775
I got it on the 4th [ENTER].

Mordant
egillespie@juno.com
erik_gillespie_1096@kvcc.edu

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you." -Kurt
Cobain

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]