RE: A85: hal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A85: hal

Yeah, HAL is what I guess you would call a compiled scripting language...

It's a pseudo-BASIC language which you use to write a program (more like a
script, I've always thought).  Anyhow, you use a text editor.  Then you run
the compiler and it will compile your script into a large, slow ASM file.

Now, I've always used USUL, and I would go through the ASM file and optimize
(although for the program I wrote, I really couldn't find anything seriously
wrong).

It's not as good as writing a program from hand but hey, if you don't know
ASM and you want to, compare the ASM and HAL files and see exactly what is
in the ASM file and why.  You'll soon learn what is going on, and will catch
on to ASM.

Nathan
-----
Stuntman (Nathan Haines) - ICQ UIN#: 2157863
http://table.jps.net/~stuntman/nathan.html
QuickBASIC/Visual BASIC/TI-BASIC programmer (just your basic programmer)
President of Stuntworks - http://www.jps.net/stuntman/

Follow-Ups: References: