Re: A85: DHOS Feature List

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: DHOS Feature List

You guys can't be serious.  All this in a SHELL?!
Good luck. (You'll need it.)

<< DHOS Features (I guess the names staying :)

 Math:
    Floating Point math instructions-must find these in ROM
    Standard 16 bit multiplication and division
    square roots (?)
    random routine (a real one that works well :)
 Files/VAT:
    32 bit mapped vat system on e2
    variable/file support...create,fetch,delete,modify,relocate(?),run
    variable support for TI-OS vat (see above)
    search (strings,files,subtext,etc)
    directory listing (?)
    Quickview system (would be nice)
    Plug-Ins (?)
    Explorer system (to look through it)
 Graphic Routines:
    Line/Box Drawing
    Scrolling Routines
    Sprites (transparent,mask,standard,etc)
    RayCasting (?)
 Compression:
    ZCP
    Huffman
    GCP
    TxCP (Text Compression Protocal) (WTF is that?)
    Movie Compression (Give it a name guys :)
 Devices/Communication:
    expander 2 (or other such system)
    I2C and its 85 extension MBus networking protocal
    IR Ling (?)
 System Design:
    Support for ZShell, Usgard, maybe more
    Modular design for easy upgrading of certain sections of the OS
    TSRs
    Library Support (!)
    Grayscale 4
    Grayscale 8 (?)
    Definately a control panel of sorts
    Multitasking/Multithreading (?)
    Helpful error messages
    pop-up windows (?)
 GUI:
    Windows Based?
    User defined GUI
 Software:
    Text Editor
    Assembler
    Dissassembler (?)
    Debugger (TSR?)
 PC/Mac Support:
    Computer to E2 (or other system like it)
    Compression Programs (ZCP,GCP,Huffman,etc.)