A85: Re: new shell & e2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Re: new shell & e2

-----Original Message-----
From: david schraeder <kb0sjr@wichita.crosswinds.net>
To: All asm-ti85 <assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Monday, August 10, 1998 2:10 PM
Subject: A85: new shell & e2

|Hello All,
|
|  i was wondering if the shell will work if you don't have the e2
I dont think so, because the OS will be based to make the calculator act
like a real computer, which requires some sort of external mediam to boot
off of.

Perhaps we could make a smaller version of the OS that was all on the
calculator and made the programs think it had an e2.  Then it could redirect
e2 call s to its own RAM disk partition.  But, since the calculator only has
28K to use, with the OS on the calc at all times, you would probly be
sitting with 24K  (if we could et the OSl downto 4K) and then you would need
some for the rAM partition, and so you would only be able to run the smaller
games for it.  None of the big whoppers made possible by the OS and the e2.
Perhaps we could include the usgard/zshell emulation in the tiny OS ont he
calc, but that might raise the size.  I just dont know yet, because the OS
needs to be further designed.

Jonathan Kaus
kaus@cybrzn.com