A85: Summit Will be released soon...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Summit Will be released soon...

This message was originally addressed to shell-developers@lists.ticalc.org
and a carbon copy was sent to you.
I've done it!  Usgard, Rigel, PhatOS, and ZShell 4.0 have for the first
time in TI-85 history run on the same calculator, without sending a
backup to the calc.

The BETA version of Summit now works.  It can switch between the four of
them on the fly.

Bye bye shell wars!

There are still a few bugs though, like the fact that Summit can't tell
if a shell is running a TSR interrupt.  That could be a problem to some
people...

I'm going to test it for a few days, then release it on monday or
tuesday.  I've still got to write documentation, too.

On the interrupt problem, I'd like to ask for help from the makers of
Usgard and Rigel.  I need to know how I could detect weather an interrupt
is running or not.  If I could detect TSRs, I could switch em back on
when I switch it back to the shell...

As is, Summit just switches to mode 1, then switches shells.  I found
that on Rigel, if an interrupt is running, then next time you switch to
Rigel, it crashes.  I don't have an Usgard TSR program currently, so I
couldn't test the results of this.

CC: assembly-85@lists.ticalc.org