Re: A85: Scrolling

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Scrolling

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 CashOnly@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have a routine that will scroll the screen left 8 pixels? In other
> words, moves each block one to the left. I am pretty sure I need to use rl,
> but I can't get it to work. I hope someone will decide to give me a response,
> this list has just been ignoring any real questions lately IMHO.

Do you want it to be blank in the last column?
Anyways, the easiest way is just to copy the bytes.

ld de,FC00 ; copy to 1st byte of video memory
ld hl,FC01 ; from 2nd byte of video memory
ld bc,1023
ldir

Now the last 8 pixels on the right can be written over.

You can do the same to scroll right just swap some numbers:

ld de,FC01
ld hl,FC00
ld bc,1023
ldir

I think someone already gave a similar answer but just try these two
routines, I think it's exactly what you wanted.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."

http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html
humberto@engr.csufresno.edu