Re: A85: PutImage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: PutImage

its real easy.  the first eight pixels at the top left corner of the screen
are $FC00.  the next eight are $FC01 and so on.  the second row is $FC10.
if you understand this, the rest is easy.  so, say you want to put the
image at the third row from the top, and 16 pixels in from the left.  you
would do this:
Picture:
 .dw $FC33
 .db %00000000, %00000000
hope this helps.
miklos

>Greatings,
>	I am going to start a game that needs sprites larger than 8x8.  I
>understand  the way that you are suppost to define a sprite...
>
>Sprite:
>   .db 6, 6                    ; x / y placements
>   .db %11000011
>
>etc. etc.
>
>My question is for PutImage how do I come up with the memory location...
>
>Sprite:
>   .dw $FC24      <----- how do I calculate this number?
>   .db 2, 16                   ; x / y placements
>   .db %01010101, %01010101
>
>etc. etc.
>
>This was from ZShell School, Lesson 5, Page 5
>Jimmy said that since the pictures don't move in the memory you can
>figure out their mem locations and put them in the program instead of
>wasting other mem.  The problem is that I don't know how to calculate it?
>
>BTW: Thanks for the help on permanent variables.  I got it to store a num
>0-255, but I will have to figure out a way to get it to read the other
>byte.  I hope to get some of my games up... Tic Tac Toe v1.1 and Aliens
>v1.2 (space invaders clone - now with hi scores!)
>					- Mike

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: