Re: A85: Newer iR link idea :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Newer iR link idea :)

it's radio first off, but not like a normal frequency one set
transmitter, it actually uses a "tone" with sequential backdrop.  just
like the human voice isn't restricted to 1 bandwidth, the keyless entry
isn't restricted to 1 bandwidth, and is like a "key" for the fact that
it sends out more than just 1 signal.  for you to "jam" the keyless
entry would be near impossibility unless you knew what the vehicles'
manufacturer's intended frequency "space" was and then you'd have to
"jam" for about 8+ hours before finding the right key...you might as
well break into the car and rip the alarm out along with the radio and
sell the radio, but it was a good thought to "jam" something.

-Rob
ICQ:9188921 "No Sol to kill"
e-mail1:rc_ware@hotmail.com
e-mail2:rc_ware@yahoo.com
e-mail3:rc_ware@geocities.com
webpage:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/4049/index.html

{{Alright, seeing that my laser tag idea has sparked at least some of
your interests, I have come up with a new idea.  I ask that you read
through this lett completely before tossing it.  My family just came
into possession of a brand new Ford Explorer with keyless entry.  Now
this is a long shot, but I am going to use an iR link with a program
that is designed to throw out a series of iR pulses on every frequency
and modulation the link can handle.  I may need to make a slight
modification to the iR link because I think it only is capable of one
frequency.  These pulses are aimed at the car in attempt to gain keyless
entry.  Now, I am no theif, and I am only doing this for a ove
of new discoveries.  Also, if anyone can tell if keyless entry is indeed
infra Red.  I am led to suspect that it it radio.  Thanks.
-Pat Gray
"That which does not kill me, better not leave me in any position to
return
fire..."}}