Re: A85: Help with user memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Help with user memory

there are no other areas in memory that large.  you can do something
like this -

   ld hl,(VAT_END)              ;one byte before end of VAT
   ld a,h                       ;\
   sub 4                        ; |decrease hl by 1024
   ld h,a                       ;/
   ld (VIRTUALSCREEN),hl        ;save location of virtual screen
   ld de,(FIRST_FREE)           ;first free byte of memory
   or a                         ;\ is new area of virtual screen
   sbc hl,de                    ;/  all in free memory?
   jr nc,StartSolsKey           ;got enough memory so start 'er up
   ld hl,$0403                  ;else display message of not enough
mem
   ld ($800C),hl
   ld hl,&MemErrorText
   call D_ZT_STR
   call OTH_PAUSE
   ret                          ;exit the game

MemErrorText:
.db "Need 1KB free!",0

VIRTUALSCREEN is word in memory to store the address of the 1024 bytes
(so change to whatever you want).  it jumps to the StartSolsKey label
if successful.  i have a polygon routine (not working 100% but pretty
close) on my web page that may interest you -
http://ti85games.home.ml.org .

-mike