Re: A85: SQRYZ Worlds / TI-85-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: SQRYZ Worlds / TI-85-86

David G Taylor wrote:

> Not sure if this has been asked before, if so, please answer, and then
> ignore me :)  Sorry if it IS a duplicate.
>
> Anyway, I have heard a few people talk about transfering SQRYZ worlds made
> for the TI-86 to work with the 85.  How does one take an .86s file and
> actually send it to the TI-85 (i possess a TI-GRAPH LINK and use Winlink85).
> No TI-86 to send to first :(  Is there some type of converter available?

As far as I know, the 86s and 85s files are identical except for the
first few characters.  Copy you .85s file to something named .86s and
open it in a hex editor.  The first eight characters say "**TI85**".
Change them to "**TI86**".  Be sure not to add or subtract any
characters, just change them.  After that, the file should transfer just
fine.

Stan Seibert