Re: A85: dropped calc..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: dropped calc..

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 20:03:30 -0500 Robby Gutmann
<gutmann@planet-connect.com> writes:
>Just wanted to point out how funny it is (to me anyway) that a thread
>entitled "shells and games", has been, for the last at least week,
>maybe
>longer, a war between PC and Mac users.

exactly.. stupid huh?

>now, on to more important things....
>I dropped my 85 today (arent i smooth), and now some of the horizontal
>pixel
>rows dont show up.  Its like if the screen is made up of Horizontal
>rows
>going across, about 3 0r 4 of them just dont display any pixels now.
>Is
>there anything i can do?  is there anyway i can fix it?  Barring that,

yer dead. it's probably unfixable. but i read this guy.. he wrote on how
to fix it.. and it included.. wires, batteries, shocking one side of the
lcd.. etc..etc..etc.. really weird like 3 pages.

>if i
>send it to TI to fix, how much will it cost me, and how long will it
>take to
>get it back?  Will they even fix it?  Am i better off getting a new

if it's still under warranty call them up.

>one?  If
>i am, should i get an 85 or 86?  I think it would be a good idea to
>email me
>privately on that last count, or this one might turn into a war
>between
>those extolling the virtues of 85's or 86's.  well, anyway, if someone
>can
>help, id appreciate it

if you really need to upgrade than yeah 86. if not.. just keep the 85..
(i have both)
---
-nXt
   nxt@geocities.com     http://nxt.home.ml.org  OR: