A85: TI85 Emulator (Was:Re: Shells and games)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: TI85 Emulator (Was:Re: Shells and games)

>But, back on topic... What has happened with the 85 emulator? I know it's
>functional, and I've got it, but so much more could be done with it, like a
>debugger (yeah!) and transferring programs direct from the hard disk into
the
>emulator's 'memory'. Any word on it?
Ilya and David stopped working on the emulator, so now it is just me working
on it, and i have way too much to do. I have thought of the function you
mention, and i do want to implement them, but it takes time.

Since the last release i have changed the display mode which makes it
possible to have more text on the screen, and mouse support has been added.
So it is possible to use the mouse to operate the emulator. The problem is
that my c compiler was destroyed due to some hard disk problems and i have
not had time to reinstall it after that. Work is beeing done on the emulator
once in a while, but development is going really slow.

In the next version i hope tomake it possible to load files directly form
the hd, but it is actually hard to get that working. I have allready tried
to implement two ideas for this, but it showed out that it did not work. I
have figured out how to add debugging facilities, but i have nor tried to
implement that yet (i requires me to reassemble the asm source, and my
version of TASM wont work under Win95).

Another thing i was thinking of adding was the support for ti82/3 roms,
which should not be very hard.

Anyway i am working on the emulator oncein a while, but everything is going
very slow. If anyone is interested in joing the project mail me.

Dines