Re: A85: Daedulus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Daedulus

Will Stokes wrote:

> I was under the impression that gameboy uses a specialized z80 chip
> (like
> with graphical routines like that mmx stuff) so wouldn't it also be
> running at approx. 6 mhz?

Nope!  In fact, it has a much reduced instruction set -- it resembles
the 8088...
Well... actually, there is hardware graphics, but it's not very useful
to daedalus.  The hardware allows you to easily move sprites around, but
what we have to do is fill the screen with an ordered pattern of sprites
so we can access it as if it was a linear screen buffer (sorta like the
85), so the hardware stuff isn't very useful.
    Sam

--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>

Follow-Ups: References: