A85: RPG survey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: RPG survey

A while ago, I wrote an engine to facilitate moving around in a grid for
TI-BASIC.  The same ideas should apply here.  As an example, if you had a 3X3
grid, you could do it like this:

1,2,3
4,5,6
7,8,9

The numbers are room numbers, and to move to the right, you would add 1 to
your current room number.  To move left, subtract 1.  For up, you could
subtract 3.  Down: add 3.  Diagonals are fun, though.  up+right is -2.  up+left
is -4.  down+right is +4 down+left is +2.  This could also be used for many
other things, like a board game.  I hope this helps.