Re: A85: RAM FAIL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: RAM FAIL

82nd Deer wrote:

> A incorrect PATCHROM is in the backup for ROM 8.0.  If you remember, I sent
> you a message with the beta of 1.0 that I couldn't get it to work;  I guess
> Andi must have used the older version of patchrom, not the one you had
> fixed to work with 1.0.

That's very correct. Some history:

When Usgard 1.0 was released to the betatesters, there was an incorrect
version
of patchrom which didn't work for ROM 8.0 (just a stupid mistake - the
wrong
value was added to the rom call offsets). I fixed that and release
Usgard 1.0,
but since Andi was on vacation then, he never got the newest patchrom.
And
when Andi then released Usgard 1.1, he probably used the patchrom.85s he
had
on his harddrive = the not working one.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."