Re: A85: D_ZT_STR

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: D_ZT_STR

1) make sure you add PROGRAM_ADDR to the location of your string
2) make sure your string is in fact zero terminated.

IE:

	ld	hl, mystring
	ld	de, (PROGRAM_ADDR)
	add	hl, de
	ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)

or in usgard

	ld	hl, &mystring
	call	D_ZT_STR

and later in your program, at the end:

	.db "Hello!",0

Be sure you have some form of a pause, and a "ret" statement before your
data begins and after your program ends.

A whole program:

.org 0
.db "Hello",0

	ld	a, 4			; sets graphics mode, ALWAYS DO THIS.
	out	(5), a

	ld	hl, hellothere
	ld	de, (PROGRAM_ADDR)
	add	hl, de
	ROM_CALL (D_ZT_STR)
	ret
hellothere:
	.db "Hello There."
.end

At 06:08 PM 9/4/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Could someone give me some infromation on ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)?
>Every time I use it in a program, it crashes the calculator, and/or does
>some other wierd stuff.  Usually, it doesn't even display my string.  Maybee
>my calculator is broken, but I've seen it used in other programs, that work
>on my calculator.
>I'm probably just using it wrong.  Could someone help?

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...