Re: A85: Question about NT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Question about NT

It's possible, but extremely inconvenient. I dual boot NT and 95 (actually
quadruple boot with Linux and DOS) But...I usually am in NT. So when I am
inclined to download files I want to put on the calc...which usually
coincides with a new version of Sqrxz...I have to drop out of NT, and
reboot into 95 or DOS for all of 30 seconds, then go back into NT...that's
convenience, Microsoft Style

Matt Bathje
mpb@xnet.com
mpb@ntsource.com
piper@hardlink.com

Join my fanclub!! Get on EfNet, /join #calc-ti and piss off piper45!!

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Tom McNicholas wrote:

> My last message was simple, but obviously i didn't know what i was talking
> about  (hehe sorry) anyway with NT, are you saying that NT is the only
> operating system on your computer? you cannot make a simple system boot
> disk on another computer that boots into real DOS? like on an 80/88? i mean
> it used to be that if your OS on the computer was FUCKED then you could go
> to a clean boot disk running the same or a different version of OS, is that
> like not possible? does anyone remember this? i mean than that is a major
> problem with NT........ can you even use a boot disk?
>
> tom mcnicholas

Follow-Ups: References: