Re: A85: Usgard version 1.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Usgard version 1.0

Will Stokes wrote:

> Hey people, it's me Will Stokes. I've been away for a LONG time (4 weeks)
> and I'd just like to voice my opinion that version 1.0 of Usgard is buggy,
> annoying, and just plain bad. I hate all the problems it's caused
> especially becuase the old software is incompatible. :( Just to get an
> idea, does anybody agree with me? Also, I'm working on a new graphical
> game that I've keep very secret  so far. It's about 70% done and I will
> probably release 8 screen shots in about a week to two to show what's to
> come. The final product, a finnished game, will be done in about a month,
> all depending on annoying bugs and school :(

Buggy!? The only bug that is known (I think) is that OTH_ARROW doesn't
work.
And if Usgard 1.0 would be compatible with the old software, it would
really
suck. Usgard 0.95b was one big mess. Also, very few programs were ever
released for Usgard 0.95, and most of them (?) has been converted to
Usgard
1.0, or will be (see below).

Also, Andreas Ess and I will release a new Usgard version which even
allows
libraries to some degree. This makes it possible to reuse for example
winlib
(which is a very good example on something that should be a library -
small
routines like putting sprites etc should NOT be in a library. It also
make
TSR program even easier - relocation in TSR! And future Usgard versions
will
be backward compatible (with 1.0).

So, all programs in Usgard 0.95 using winlib will be (most likely) very
easy
to port to Usgard 1.1 (I guess it will be called that).

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."

Follow-Ups: References: