Re: A85: scoring

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: scoring

> 	Could some tell me how you store permanent variables, like for a
> scoring option.  This is an important element that I am missing from my
> games.

  Basically, you have a location within your program which you store to.
If you had a label hiscore, you could say
  ld hiscore, A
to store it, and get it back next time with
  ld A, hiscore
though it's just as fast to always use the permanent location, and never
keep it in temporary memory at all.  This is because everything on a TI
is kept in memory; there's no disk drive that stuff is stored on when it's
not in use.

  There is one problem: if data within your program changes, the program
checksum will be incorrect.  I only know ZShell (because... but never mind),
so I'll tell you the ZShell mechanism: the ZShell parameters byte has a
bit which you can set (with the SET opcode) to make ZShell recalculate the
checksum for your program when it finished.  I forget exactly where; just
look it up in TI-85.H, which gives details.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<dankna@bergen.org><dankna@brain.mics.net> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
Change Nomic!   http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~chatham/nomicfaq.html
Absolute knowledge does not constitute proof.