Re: A85: Link Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Link Port

If link protection were made, it could be used as a method to keep people
from pirating calculator programs that people want to distribute also. =)

A computer may run that fast but if you put an interrupt on every cycle
it would bog down your computer.  I also own the book "C++ Games
Programming" which states that interrupts occur on every clock tick, and
that by default clock ticks occur every 18.2 times per second.  I also
saw the same statement in the book "Tricks of the Game Programming
Gurus".  Maybe I am thinking in terms of Hz, so that might soothe this
problem but I have two references that back me up.  These books also
rotated around 486 generation computers which might have different
settings than newer computers.  I don't know.  I won't lose sleep over
this.  And my intent was not to start some stupid argument just to ask a
question and give my knowledge on the subject.

Wyrmlord
egillespie@juno.com