Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

nothing personal but have you ever heard of organized code??!!! you
should, IMHO, put graphics: zcp pictures, sprites, etc, at the bottom of
your code: not in the middle where it is hard to find, etc.

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Michael Pearce wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:47:14 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Sam Davies wrote:

> >> Actually, no!  It takes in most cases only *1* byte to store the address!
> >> How can we do this, you ask?  We store addresses relatively -- that is we
> >> store the offset from the last relocation address.  So if there are two &'s
> >> within 256 bytes, it will only take one byte :)
> >>     Sam
> >>
> >> --
> >> Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>
>
> So does this scheme still work if you put the graphics, sprites,
> whatever that doesn't have relocation, in the middle of you code
> segment?  For every 256 bytes of code, is there a new 16 bit address
> in the table?  If not, that would definitely cause problems.  But i am
> sure you guys thought of that.
>
> -mike pearce

				Biya! =)

                         .       .     .
                     .    .   .             .
              .    .                            .     .
          .                     Will Stokes                .
      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
       .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
        .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
                       .

Follow-Ups: References: