Re: A85: Checksum Recalculation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:16 AM 10/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for using NetForward!
>http://www.netforward.com
>v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
>better question, what exactly is the point of this??? boy I must be
>ignorant in this situation =)

>> 	ld	hl,ZS_BITS
>> 	set	0,(hl)
>>
>> --
>> Terry Peng <tpeng@geocities.com>
>>

>				Biya! =)
>
>                         .       .     .
>                     .    .   .             .
>              .    .                            .     .
>          .                     Will Stokes                .
------------------------------  SNIP -----------------------------

I guess what he is getting at is when ppl use programs like Gamechtr (I
think that's what it's called, I've never used it, so I may be a little
ignorant of it's true nature), but I remember ppl getting upset with the
release of the program, because it was possible (With a little
modification), to not only change high scores, but say, the authors name or
other info. This checksum program could tell you if you have the original
program as the author wrote it or an altered version. At least that's what
I got out of the message. Then again upon re-reading the message I've
become a little confused too. He wants to re-calculate the checksum, not
see if it's valid. So, I'll shut the hell up, and maybe Terry will expound
upon his message so that we may further understand what it is that he
wishes to accomplish.  :)

Leif

- zldgregory@biogate.com
    Dedicated to providing you with more
    information than you needed to know.

    To email me, remove the z in my address  -