RE: A85: Transfer 86 files -> 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A85: Transfer 86 files -> 85

At 06:45 AM 10/2/97 +0200, you wrote:
>You actually won't find .DB... You have to change the 10th byte, I think
from $0A to $0C.
>	Andreas
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\connecteudora30\attach\RE A85 Transfer 86 files
- 8"

-----  SNIP ------

Ah, here we go. I tried to respond to this messae earlier, but accidentally
deleted it. You are right abt the 10th byte...
Here is what I was trying to send earlier..

Using your favorite hex editor, open a .86s SQRXZ level
and the first 8 bytes should be:

**TI86**

Now change it to read

**TI85**

The two bytes (bytes 9 and 10) immediately following the **TI8x** are:

010A		;This signifies an 86 ASM program I think

Change this to:
010C		;Signifies an 85 string I believe

save the file, change the .86s extension to .85s extension, and you've got
a converted level..

Hope this helps.. Sorry abt not posting as a reply to the person who was
asking, but I accidentally deleted the message.

Leif

ldgregory@biogate.com
Dedicated to providing you with more information
than you needed to know.