Re: A85: Fighter relase

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Fighter relase

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:01:19 -0600, you wrote:

>>No, this causes major slowdown for many games and it really not worth it.
>>If you really want this change then you can just change to reference from
>>VIDEO_MEM to GRAPH_MEM.  Personally I would never do this though because it
>>causes too much of a slow down.
>
>Not really, just using ldd wouldn't take too many ticks and makes the game
>appear a LOT better.

i would have to think that lddr or ldir would be preferable to ldd.
but i also agree that it does not slow the game down that
dramatically.  it also has other benefits, such as all of the sprites
do not need to be visible on the background map except right before
you copy the graph mem to video mem.  this is very useful if you want
to save the background tiles as a sprite moves over them.

-mike pearce
mgp4007@omega.uta.edu

Follow-Ups: References: