A85: Usgard relocation and mem changes during execution

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Usgard relocation and mem changes during execution

What does Usgard do in memory while an ASM program is executed? Is a
program moved in memory, or are the relative memory addresses just modified
on execution? I'm wondering because a simple utility I wrote for ZShell
doesn't work in Usgard. The ZShell program zeroed all the memory between
the VAT and the variable space, which usually just holds the remnants of
deleted variables and other temporary data, so examining backups is easier.
The pointers to the start and end of free memory are indicated by
TI-RAM.TXT as $8B25 and $8B27. These don't seem to be accurate with Usgard.
The program executed ok, but it disappeared from the calculator after the
first time it was run! It still took up the space in memory, though. Also,
the amount of free mem reported by CALL FREEMEM was different than the
amount reported by subtracting the start of free mem from the end of free
mem, according to $8B25 and $8B27.

Can anybody tell me what Usgard does in the memory before and after running
ASM programs, and how I can determine the correct locations of the start
and end of free memory?

Thanks

Jeff Tyrrill
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/