Re: LZ: Backup editing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Backup editing

Michael Wyman wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Brian Leech wrote:
>
> > >Does anyone know of a good program to edit .85b files in? Like the kind of
> > >stuff you do for a shell?
> >
> > Any good hex editor should do the trick...
>
> You should probably get Fix.com, as well... Unless you prefer to fix the
> checksum by yourself, which you can if you want too...
>
> ~Michael
>
> Cogito, ergo sum.  Sum, ergo edo.  Cogito, ergo doleo.  Cogito sumere
> potum alterum.

I found a very good shareware hex editor/hex calculator/base converter
package.  It's called Hex Workshop, I've used it for just a little while
now, but it looks very good.  You can highlight sections of data, and
have it calculate the 16-bit, 8-bit, and two other types of checksums
right there.

http://www.bpsoft.com
Sorry for the advertisement, but I think it's great for analyzing zshell
stuff

--
Compliments of: