Re: LZ: doh

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: doh

>Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 06:49:34 -0400
>To: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
>From: Noah Zoschke <yoda@pmd.parrett.net>
>Subject: Re: LZ: doh
>
>At 01:37 AM 6/10/1997 +0100, you wrote:
>>Will Stokes wrote:
>>>
>>> one other thing against SuperNova-- if they want people to use it
they
>>> need games for it. USGARD DOES have this, including many new
versions of
>>> Mega Racers for it, I've never seen SuperNova despite requesting
info for
>>> programming for it. there loss. :)
>>>

>>No one wants a crappy bloated shell.  No one wants USGARD.  No one
wants
>>Supernova.  No one wants OS-85.  And most importantly, no one wants to
>>hear another single word about Mega Racers, the single most stupid
game
>>EVER.  You talk like it is a good thing that USGARD has MegaRacers.
>>Maybe I am the only one, but that game is the worst, most boring,
>>oversized, waste of space excuse for a game I have seen in a long
time.

>>If no one agrees with me, that is fine.  You have the right to your
own
>>opinion, so please do not reply to this message.
>>
>>As far as USGARD - this is a calculator that should be used for games
>>and rolodex - not for a wanna be copy of win95 which itself is the
>>single worst excuse for an operation system ever.  The 85 only has 28k
>>mem for goodness sake.  NO ONE WANTS A SHELL THAT CAN TAKE THE UPWARDS
>>OF 10k BY ITSELF. Thank You.
>>

>I have to agree.  At first, when I saw usgard, I was amazed, but when I
>astually got into it, it seemed like too much of a hastle just to get
into
>plainjump (which jammed up my calc).  I believe that cshell 3.04 is
much
>better.  I didn't jam up my calc every 5 minutes, and it doesn't take
up 9k!
>I also think that megaracers is not a great game...
>This is also my opinion, which everyone is entitled to...
>
>Jack Trades  -  yoda@pmd.parrett.net

I would have to agree with this. There ARE great things about Usgard-
relocation, simplified ROM_CALLS, more calls. But some of those calls
don't have much use. Let's face it, Usgard is not worth the hassle. The
menus and the explorer and libs are too much trouble. The libs don't
even save mem, mostly because some of their functions are completely
useless.( Even after reading the txtfiles, I STILL don't know what they
do!) And it's frustrating when you have no idea which libs a program
uses when you try to run it. But keep in mind that this is only a beta,
and knowing the coding skills of these programmers, I'm certain that
subsequent versions will overtake Z/CShell's monopoly. On a side note,
__IMHO__ megaracers sucks. Let's face it, the 85 has terrible res and
processing speed, not nearly enough to handle a game like this. (and
also it's too easy)

houston00@hotmail.com