Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

> > Will the new software support bad block checking?
>
> Bad block checking is a bad idea. To scan for bad blocks (and bad sectors on
> disk surfaces), you have to write to the block. On the expander, this will
> end up causing a lot of bad blocks if used often because the number of times
> you can wite to it is limited. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mel.

For one thing, the last block is suppose to have bad block information, by Mel
says that something doesnt work right.  Anyway, all you have to do is check if
it did the write correctly when you actually saved a file to a block, you won't
have to scan for em...