Re: LZ: Directory category suggestions for the Expander?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Mel Tsai wrote:

> I'm implementing a fixed-directory structure in the expander, and
> these are the ones I've come up with:
>
> Games
> Games2
> Apps
> Misc
> Pics
> Utils
> Lib
> Text
> Progs
>

> Any suggestions for refinements/additions/etc.?

Once upon a time, I thought about making a driver program (ZShell) for
the expander, but I haven't worked on it for a while. The interface is
mostly done, it just doesn't know how to manipulate the TI memory or the
expander yet.. I was thinking of some way to store stuff to the expander
in nameable blocks. For example, a single 4kb block of the expander could
hold almost 4kb of variables (any type) from the calc. Or, if desired,
consecutive blocks could be combined for upwards of 4kb. Each block would
have a name assigned to it, located at the beginning of the block.
Information could also be stored thereto indicate how many consecutive
blocks arte part of the same batch, and what variables are contained in
this particular block. Then the program could produce a list of all
"folders" (which would be retrieved from the expander), and when the
user chooses a "folder," its contents (variables) would be displayed.
They could then be selected individualy or in a group to be copied to the
calc. Of course, still the only way to delete information would be in 4kb
blocks. Also, the only way to change the name of a "folder" or the number
of blocks it includes would be to erase all of the blocks included in
that folder.

This probably isn't a very clear description of what I had in mind, and
is probably too much work to accomplish, but it was a try..

--
Greg Hill
     E-mail: greg.@bigfoot.com moo@bitcorp.net

Follow-Ups: References: