Re: LZ: Usgard question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Usgard question

><<  I've got a question that's been bothering since Usgard came into the
> picture. I remember that Jimmy said we'd no longer need to use
> (PROGRAM_ADDR) in out programs. Isn't this going to cause loads of
> compatibility problems with exsiting ZShell games?
>
>I've never tried it or been able to see the source but I'm assuming that it
>stores the programs address in the same spot that zshell does.  That way the
>zshell programs will still know their own address.

It uses a pointer relocation table, very different than just fixing
the program's address like zshell does.  Hopefully Andreas or Jimmy
will write a comprehensive text file explaining the relocation table
format of Usgard, because it's quite complex (but extremely powerfull
and usefull).

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm