Re: LZ: Usgard question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Usgard question

>don't worry. usgard will handle all existing programs. however, newer
>programs made for usgard will be able to do "tricks" like this that will
>not only save space and repitious code (sp?) but could possibly be faster?
>:) don't worry, be happy. usgard will be happy for ANY person who uses any
>asm shell, TRUST ME!

Right... Usgard can run all zshell programs, but zshell will *not* be
able to handle Usgard programs...  This is due to a number of factors,
including pointer relocation which will make programs smaller and
faster (this feature is *very* nice, it will revolutionize TI-85
programming).  Based on what I've seen Usgard is far advanced over
every other shell to date.  Period.  And even more importantly it
looks as if it will have tons more support from programmers than other
shells (except for maybe zshell itself) so it will definitely succeed,
despite it's limitations (like size, it's bigger than most other
shells but worth it IMHO).

In the end I agree with you Will.  I think all the talk about shells
should stop.  Just wait until the darn things come out and then start
talking.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm