Re: LZ: Shells and More

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Shells and More

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Jeff Dezur wrote:

> I agree with him. Just make a basic shell(such as zshell) and if people want security features, just find a security program. If people want to use their expanders, just get the program.
>
> the only good, solid reason that I can think of is this: people want to keep the shell(s) small, and including expander software is a waste. Unless the programmers make 2 different versions, one with and one without, then it would be fine. If people want security features(don't know what for, just take out the batteries, and copy someone else's calc), go get a program that will do this. just keep the shells as small as possible, and LEAVE IT ALONE!!! C(Z)Shell is fine!!! LEAVE IT ALONE, and get rid of large shells(OS-85).

Keith and I _plan_ to release two different versions of CShell!  One
with, and one without security features (the reasons for security I
mentioned in an earlier message... That they are made to keep people from
becoming annoyances by continually playing games, not to keep people
from screwing another's calc!)

We will keep one which will be the basic shell (just basically ZShell +
Contrast, APD, and MPD...)

~Michael

Cogito, ergo sum.  Sum, ergo edo.  Cogito, ergo doleo.  Cogito sumere
potum alterum.