LZ: Shell Anarchy!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Shell Anarchy!

HELP!!!! We're heading straight for shell anarchy!!!!!!!!
Please don't shudder, but I think there are two terms that could be most
useful: Standardization and ZShell.
How about adding a few more people to the ZShell team, for instance, the
CShell team? ZShell could use improvements, true, but too many shells with
different extended ROM_CALL sets and non-graph-mem interrupt programming
methods is asking for lots of trouble, in my opinion. Other features could be
implemented with, yes, LIBRARIES! What happened to that age old concept, sure
to be added to a long overdue version of ZShell? How about a version of
ZShell, 101% backward compatible, with a fixed-location interrupt chaining
API, library support, and the all-important blessing by the populous? Would
that be too hard?
By the way, please don't send flames, just constructive criticism full of 4
letter words;)
--MZB (micahbro@msn.com)