RE: LZ: ZShell, OS-85, C-Shell NT, OShell and all the rest

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LZ: ZShell, OS-85, C-Shell NT, OShell and all the rest

I think ON would be fine. The convenience would far outweigh the
disadvantages. You wouldn't even half to press 2nd-ON to turn off the calc. To
quit TI-BASIC programs, we could press ON-comma or some other key.

I just thought of another complication. The interrupt handler would have to
somehow disable the APD and use its own APD for the password protection to
work with APD. And, the custom APD routine would have to know to not shut off
when a BASIC or ASM program is running.

It would probably be best not to build this feature into the shell. But an
interrupt handler should definitely make it into the shell so this type of
thing could be easily added.

Jeff Tyrrill's TI Calculator Site: Contains programming tips, undocumented
discoveries and tips for power users, and comparisons of the different
calculator models.
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/

TI-Files member: The premiere TI site on the web, with reviews of games and
more.
http://ti-files.home.ml.org/