LZ: Mysterious Crash :( ("mem cleared/defaults set")

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Mysterious Crash :( ("mem cleared/defaults set")

My first attempt at an assembler program is coming along pretty well, but
I've been having some trouble...

The code seems inane enough: just a few calls, jumps, and ld's...that's
pretty much it.  But ever since I added a subroutine which basically changes
a byte in text memory ($80E2), clears the screen and jumps to the beginning,
I've been plagued by crashes (whenever I try to use the subroutine...)

The odd thing is that it's not just infinite-loop gobbledeegook this time,
but the "Mem Cleared/Defaults Set" message you get when you take out the
batteries.  I figured that there was probably a specific ROM_CALL or
something which would bring this on, and so the problem would be easy to
track down...Does anyone have any ideas?

Will Robinson

|Will Robinson      |
|robinson@flanet.com|