Re: LZ: On-calc compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: On-calc compiler

sorry, but I'd never do this. your forgettting the expander's memory can
only be written to so many times, after that the blocks stop working  =(

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Watkins wrote:

> I know this has been discussed before, but now that the expander is a reality,
> I thought we may want to discuss it again.  Now I'm not extremely knowledgable
> when it comes to assembly programming, but I have some ideas on how we could
> make it work.  Can someone give me some help here...
>
> I'm assuming that most developers got their hands on an expander.  I think I'm
> right, but correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Anyway, here's what I have in mind.
>
> All that's on the calc is the shell, the expander software (or a sized down
> developer version), a calc version of TASM or some other assembler, and
> something to make it into a string.  (I have no idea how big all of this would
> be so please inform me if I'm way off.)  Then, you just edit a normal program,
> but you write in asm, not basic.  When you're ready to test it, you run the
> expander software and send it to the expander in the last block (i.e block 255
> or whatever).  Then it's compiled and run.  If it freezes your calc, you can
> get a backup from a friend, who has the expander software (not necessarily
> because he has an expander, just the software for you).  Then you can pull the
> compiler and source off teh expander and try again.  This is why a developer
> version of the expander software would be nice.  It could assign certain blocks
> for certain things, and just get those every time so you don't have to hunt
> through.
>
> Anyway, I'm probably way off in terms of size reqs here, but it was just an
> idea.  Let me know if it's even remotely possible....
>
> Marcus Watkins
> kruzw@cris.com

                             Biya,
                               Will Stokes
                                 8^)
          /                                                    /|
         /____________________________________________________/ |
        |                                                    |  |
        |                      Will Stokes                   |  |
        |                 wstokes@geocities.com              |  |
        |           wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu         |  |
        |                 My Personal Homepage               |  |
        |        http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/will.htm       |  |
        |             The TI-85 Calculator Center            |  |
        |   (the website I maintain and update very often)   |  |
        | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/ |  |
        |                                                    | /

Follow-Ups: References: