Re: LZ: USGARD Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: USGARD Question

Adam Geitgey wrote:
> Could someone please list all of the better then cshell features of
> USGARD that would make using it worthwhile?
Yeah...

> Maybe I just missed
> something.  I know it has relocation and libraries but in praticle use
> libraries don't save space as far as I have seen and they sure aren't
> fast and relocation might save maybe .1 in a program I write but that
> doesn't make up for the shell size and the little speed increase is not
> really that important.
I agree.  By eliminating the "ld de, (PROGRAM_ADDR)" and "add hl,de"
you're only saving 21 clock cycles, probably translating to only a few
micro-seconds...  (Remember this processor does SEVERAL MILLION cycles a
second...)

> What I would like to see is a shell that the
> BARE minimum, like not scrolling menus or anything, just either a text
> variable list or just have all the programs in the custom menu so you
> could run them there.
Well, that's been discussed before, and it would be almost
impossible...  :(

> I don't need an overdone interface just to pick games.
Good point.  I feel that USGUARD has become a shell keyed more towards
programmers, not users.  :(

> It's not like this is a computer operating system.
Already mentioned that...  ;)

Cheers,
--
~Keith