Re: LZ: New TI-BASIC Compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: New TI-BASIC Compiler

NO, now their you are completely incorrect. QuickBasic uses a full
compiling method, as you can see it run the bc compiler and linker... The
QuickBasic compiler made full OBJ files which is used to compile. Only true
compilers make OBJ files and use a linker to place them toghether.
QuickBasic uses the same linking system as QuickC and a very similar
compiler (one makes OBJ files out of Basic code, one out of C code)...

Also, VB5 is a full compiler, generating Intel machine code, although it
does still take a library (MSVB500.DLL), because that contains many
functions that the compiler needs. VB5 generates OBJ files as well during
the compile process. VB5 is the first to support true compilation... It
uses the EXACT same compiler as VC5. VB5 converts the code into VC code,
and runs it through the same compiler.

You will notice VC++ 4.0 and 5.0 both contain a matching MFC?0.DLL which
they call for functionality as well.

Compare this to QBasic, which cannot generate any OBJ files, has no bc or
link, and CANNOT generate compiled programs. Also, VB3 and VB4 contain no
compile or link programs. So, yes, QBasic (not to be confused with
QuickBasic), VB1-4 ARE interpreted. VB1-VB4 make code in which it is
partially compiled, and the runtime compiles as the program as it is
running (uses the psuedo-code technology).

Before you say someone is wrong, make sure you are right.

BowmanSoft Software
http://www.bowmansoft.com/
Web Hosting and Design Services
 ----