Re: LZ: New TI-BASIC Compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: New TI-BASIC Compiler

WonderWhim@aol.com wrote:

> >  TI-BASIC, on the TI-85, is an interpreted language. You CAN NOT compile an
> >  interpreted language. You just can't. The only way around it is to make
>
> Then how do you explain the existance of compilers for interpreted languages
> like basic and awk?  Languages are not bound to being interpreted or
> compiled.

Ah... basic must be interpreted... the compiler which creates an exe file of
a basic files doesn't actually compile the basic program. The EXE file contains
the interpreter + the basic program in bytecode. QuickBasic for example, does this.
Visual Basic uses VBRUNx00.DLL, which is the interpretor.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "Searching for shelter
mailto:mja@algonet.se            My brain is on ice

Follow-Ups: References: